Collect the Compensation You Deserve after a Catastrophic Trucking Accident
An accident involving a large commercial truck can cause catastrophic injuries and significant financial hardship for passengers in the smaller vehicle. At Ramey Law Firm, PLLC, we understand how frightening a truck accident can be. Dealing with the aftermath can feel completely overwhelming. Truck accident lawyer Hardin R. Ramey has spent over 20 years representing Texans after serious, catastrophic accidents. He has helped individuals affected by spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries as well as families who want to file wrongful death suits. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a trucking accident, reach out to our firm online or call (972) 437-5577 today.
The Effects of a Trucking Accident
Due to their size and weight, large trucks pose a substantial risk for serious injury or death, especially when they collide with smaller passenger vehicles. Common injuries that result include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Major organ damage
- Loss of limb
- Broken bones
They are also more likely to be fatal. Severe injuries can change the entire course of your life and leave you with crushing medical expenses.
Filing a lawsuit against those responsible for your injury can help alleviate some of the financial difficulties and hold drivers or trucking companies accountable for their actions. Our team at Ramey Law Firm can evaluate your accident and determine whether you have a case for a personal injury suit.
Understanding the Causes Can Help Build a Strong Case
In most motor vehicle accidents, one of the drivers is to blame. However, our team has represented many different cases, including:
- Driver fatigue: While strict guidelines exist for how long a truck driver can be behind the wheel, these rules are often broken due to pressure to deliver as much as possible, as fast as possible. This often leads to overtired and dangerous drivers.
- Insufficient training: Cost-cutting measures by the trucking company can lead to inexperienced drivers behind the wheel of massive, difficult-to-manage vehicles.
- Unrealistic schedules: Many companies set up a system of incentives that push drivers to take on more cargo than they can safely transport.
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo: Overloading or improperly securing cargo can significantly increase the risk of serious accident.
- Inadequate maintenance: Failing to properly care for a large truck can lead to dangerous malfunctions.
- Drugs or alcohol: Driving under the influence is dangerous with any type of vehicle and especially with large, heavy commercial trucks.
- Faulty equipment: Auto defects and equipment malfunctions can also lead to serious accidents on the road.
Our team can investigate to determine what caused your accident. The cause can play a large role in identifying who was at fault and who can be sued. For example, if a trucking company failed to properly train the driver who caused the accident, you may have grounds to sue them as well as the driver.
Get the Support You Need
In the aftermath of a serious accident, it can be difficult to determine the best course of action. Scheduling a consultation with our team at Ramey Law Firm can help you understand your rights and your legal options. We have spent over 20 years fighting for injured Texans. Find out more about how we can help you collect compensation by contacting us online or calling (972) 437-5577 today.