Amusement Park Accidents and Fatalities
Amusement parks offer fun and excitement but when an accident happens, it can cause serious injuries or even fatalities. An amusement park accident lawyer can help victims recover compensation for their injuries while holding amusement parks responsible for their negligence.
Accidents at amusement parks can happen on or off rides, resulting in minor cuts and bruises to head trauma or death. Hardin R. Ramey offers consultations for victims of amusement park accidents and fatalities in Dallas, TX, and surrounding areas to help them recover compensation for their injuries and pain and suffering. Please contact the Ramey Law Firm if you would like to schedule a consultation.
Causes of Amusement Park Accidents
When most of our Dallas clients think of amusement park accidents, they often think of injuries or fatalities sustained on rides. Although rides can cause injuries, they aren't the only place injuries can happen. Wet walkways, loose handrails, and other park maintenance issues can also cause injuries. Some other causes include:
- Operator error: An employee may fail to properly operate a ride, like abruptly stopping the ride, or failing to do proper safety checks, like checking that seat belts are latched.
- Mechanical failure: A ride may have a mechanical failure, like a passenger restraint detaching during a ride. Or a roller coaster's braking system may fail, causing serious injury. Mechanical failures may be a result of a product defect or failure of park operators to properly maintain rides.
- The nature of the ride: Many amusement parks try to have the fastest, most thrilling rides possible. Sometimes the fast and intense nature of rides can cause passengers to lose consciousness, become dizzy, or suffer a brain aneurysm.
- Passenger misuse: Passengers may be the cause of their own or someone else's injuries for failing to follow instructions or purposefully misusing a ride. For example, unlatching safety belts and restraints, rocking a roller coaster car, or standing up during a ride could lead to serious injury or death.
Types of Amusement Park Injuries
There are many different types of injuries that can occur at an amusement park. Some possible types of injuries include:
- Brain aneurysms from fast rides and roller coasters
- Drowning on water rides
- Injuries to the head, neck, or back from rides that whip around, like roller coasters and spinning rides
- Traumatic brain injuries from roller coaster G-forces and high speeds
- Death from falling or being ejected from a ride
- Death from decapitation from colliding with structures around a ride
Amusement Parks Must Be Held Accountable
When people visit amusement parks, there is an expectation that their experience will be safe and free of injury. If a park and its rides are not properly maintained or guests are not warned of hazards and injury or death occurs as a result, it may be possible to hold amusement park owners responsible for their negligence.
By filing a lawsuit, it may be possible to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Schedule a Consultation with Ramey Law Firm
If you or a loved one have been injured in an amusement park accident, we encourage you to call our Dallas law firm at (972) 437-5577 to schedule a consultation.